The museum with its permanent exhibition on the town’s history, which has been organised in a contemporary way, and rotating temporary exhibitions are located in the town hall cellar building, a listed house in the town centre. Special features in the exhibition include a collection of funeral plaques and an introduction to the production of chenille, a special branch of the textile industry. One room is dedicated to the lion breeder and animal behaviour scientist, Karl Max Schneider (1887-1955).
Tue - Fri 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat/Sun/bank holidays 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Children: € 0.50; adults: € 2.00
Family ticket: € 4.00